8 Outrageous Taxes That Just Became Legal
With the Supreme Court ruling on President Obama’s health care law, everyone is wondering what’s next for big government. Here are some ideas for federal policymakers to consider:
1) Federal Broccoli Act of 2013: Eat your broccoli, else pay the IRS $1,000.
2) Federal Recycling Act of 2014: Fill your blue box and put on the curb, else pay the IRS $2,000.
3) Federal Green Car Act of 2015: Make your next car battery powered, else pay the IRS $3,000.
4) Federal Domestic Jobs Act of 2016: Don’t exceed 25 percent foreign content on family consumer purchases, else pay the IRS $4,000.
5) Federal Obesity Act of 2017: Achieve listed BMI on your mandated annual physical, else pay the IRS $5,000.
6) Federal National Service Act of 2018: Serve two years in the military or the local soup kitchen, else pay the IRS $6,000.
7) Federal Housing Efficiency Act of 2019: Don’t exceed 1,000 square feet of living space per person in your household, else pay the IRS $7,000.
8) Federal Population Growth Act of 2020: Don’t exceed two children per couple, else pay the IRS $8,000.
Having trouble understanding all of this Supreme Court Obamacare Mumbo Jumbo? Take a look at out Plain English Answers to 6 Obamacare Question.
A version of this post originally appeared on the Cato Institute's Cato@Liberty blog.