Halo 4, Breaking Bad, Iron Man 3 Debut at Comic-Con 2012
• Deadpool, a videogame revolving around Marvel’s merc-with-a-mouth, is being developed by High Moon Studios (Transformers: Fall of Cybertron). After guest appearances in numerous successful videogames, including Raven’s Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, this will be the first game revolving around the character.
• Naughty Dog (Uncharted) revealed a cinematic for their upcoming film The Last of Us, titled “Bill’s Safe House.”
• Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will include a bonus inclusion of 100 extra costumes for characters when players pre-order the game.
• 343 Industries showcased a trailer for the upcoming Halo 4 while also demonstrating how motion capture was done for the game’s cinematic cutscenes.
• The scif-I thriller Looper was on display with stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Emily Blunt. Blunt called it “the best movie [she] has ever been a part of.”
• The worldwide debut trailer of Resident Evil: Damnation was showcased. The movie will be done entirely in computer generated imagery.
• Marvel revealed their short film, Item 47, which takes place after The Avengers and stars Lizzy Caplan and Jesse Bradford. The micro feature will be included with the home release of The Avengers.
• Marvel revealed a new look for the titular protagonist in their upcoming film, Iron Man 3.
• Quentin Tarantino and the cast showed off Django Unchained, the upcoming Western flick starring Jamie Foxx. Will Smith, originally expected to star instead of Foxx, has reportedly referred to the movie as having the best screenplay he has ever seen.
• Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, a sequel to videogame of the same franchise, was showcased.
• Robert Downey Jr. met with a group of children all dressed as Iron Man.
• Director Peter Jackson and producer Phillipa Boyens discuss their upcoming film, The Hobbit.
• Guillermo del Toro showed off Pacific Rim, the upcoming science fiction film that revolves around battle between robots and monsters.
• Collin Farrell promoted his upcoming film Total Recall, a remake of the classic Arnold Schwarzenegger film.
• SYFY showcased their new adventure series, Defiance. The series will also exist concurrently with the show as a massively multiplayer online game.
• Much of the cast of Firefly were present alongside showrunner Joss Whedon for the tenth-anniversary reunion of the beloved series.
• It was revealed that Falling Skies’ second season would revolve around, among other things, losing a major character.
• Vince Gilligan, creator of the tremendously gritty Breaking Bad, revealed that the show may take the protagonist to even darker places.
• The creators of the animated series Tron: Uprising revealed a future connection with the film version of the same franchise.
• The creators of Futurama showcased footage from the previously unaired episode, “Fun on a Bun.”
• Nickelodeon showed off their upcoming series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
• Comic-Con once again hosted the Eisner Awards, with winners including Mark Waid’s Daredevil and Walt Disney’s Mickey Mouse Vol. 1-2.
• Nathan Edmondson, writer of the upcoming Ultimate Iron Man miniseries, talked about the future of the character and discussed numerous plot elements.
• It was confirmed that Stephanie Brown will no longer play the role of Nightwing in the Smallville universe, instead being replaced by Barbara Gordon.
• Quentin Tarantino joined the DC Comics panel to announce his new comic project, a five part series based on Django Unchained.