9 Reasons We Should Never, Never, Never, Ever Legalize Marijuana
In a recent interview with Vice News, President Barack Obama encouraged millennials to drop marijuana legalization from their list of priorities.
Hard as it may be to admit, Obama is a total sage. Marijuana legalization may seem like the cool thing to do, but facts are facts. It's having a terrible impact. Here's a shocking look at the apocalyptic hellscapes Washington and Colorado have become since both states began recreational marijuana sales in 2014:
(Live feed from Colorado)
1. Colorado is going TOTALLY bankrupt
At a time when states are looking for much-needed revenue, this clearly isn't going to work.
2. Teenagers are f**king out of control
In the years since medicinal marijuana became legal in Colorado in 2000, 13- to 19-year-olds have been making THE WORST decisions.
3. Marijuana overdoses are becoming a HUGE epidemic
4. Colorado's roadways are now highways to hell
In 2014, the first full year of marijuana being legal in Colorado, the spike in traffic fatalities was unlike anything the state witnessed before.
5. The streets of Denver are being overtaken by roving gangs of criminals
The crime wave in Denver in 2014 was unparalleled.
6. Over the last few years, arrests are SKYROCKETING!!!
Thousands of marijuana-carrying citizens used to get personal attention from the police, and now....
7. Where have all the jobs gone?!
Small businesses are the engine of growth and they can't afford to hire anyone in this climate.
8. Drug cartels are growing so fast, soon they're going to IPO
Marijuana legalization is estimated to have a multibillion-dollar impact on their bottom line.
9. Americans definitely DO NOT want this
We, time and again, have voiced our preference on this topic.
The choice is clear. KEEP MARIJUANA ILLEGAL, and don't let it be your highest priority.