Prince Reportedly Treated for Drug Overdose Days Before Death
The gossip site reported that when the "Purple Rain" singer's jet made an emergency landing last Friday, he was rushed to the hospital and given a shot typically given to those experiencing an opiate overdose. On Friday, TMZ reported that the drug in question was the powerful painkiller Percocet. Doctors apparently advised 57-year-old Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours, but when he left after just three hours, a TMZ source said "he was not doing well."
The music icon's representatives said at the time he was battling the flu.
The 911 transcript from the morning of Prince's death reveals that there was confusion at Prince's Paisley Park estate, where he was found dead in an elevator. One caller was unclear of the home's address and simply said they were "at Prince's house," according to the Associated Press.
Authorities have not released an official cause of Prince's death. An autopsy is scheduled for Friday, the AP reported.
April 21, 2016, 9:40 p.m.: This story has been updated.