Election Day 2016 Freebies: Krispy Kreme, 7-Eleven and more places to get free food
Feeling a little hungry after exercising your right to vote? You're in luck — many food chains and restaurants are going to offer deals to voters this Tuesday.
Biting into a free glazed Krispy Kreme donut isn't a bad way to celebrate the sweet feeling of participating in democracy. And in fact, feting our nation's Election Day is a time-honored tradition. Way back when, before women had the right to vote, Election Day was a full-on party with booze and "election cakes," dense fruitcakes that satiated hungry voters.
If you're one of the 22 million Americans who voted early, we hope you held on to your "I Voted" sticker. Several establishments offering freebies on Tuesday are giving out deals to customers who have the iconic sticker.
Wondering where you can stress eat for free on Tuesday? We've got you covered.
Here's where you can get free food on Election Day 2016:
• 7-Eleven: Use the 7-Eleven mobile app to get a free cup of coffee on Tuesday at participating stores.
• &pizza: You can snag yourself a free drink on Election Day.
• California Tortilla: Any guest can get free chips and queso with any purchase if they say "Make Queso Great Again," "I'm with Queso," or "I Vote for Queso."
• East Coast Wings and Grill: Any guest can get five free honey BBQ chicken wings with each adult entree.
• Firehouse Subs: Your "I Voted" sticker will get you a free drink on Nov. 8.
• Great American Cookies: Any guest wearing an "I Voted" sticker can choose one free regular cookie at participating stores. No purchase necessary.
• White Castle: White Castle party for Election Night? Customers can get a free gallon beverage with the purchase of a Crave Case online (use promo code USA) or in stores with a coupon. On Friday, Veterans Day, military veterans and active duty military can get a free combo meal, no purchase necessary.