Twitter is a huge player in the 2012 U.S. Presidential election. Americans love snarky commentary and there is no better place to exercise that freedom than in 140 characters.
4. A lovely GIF provided by The Atlantic
8. The subject of how the stupid, disgusting amount of money in this election sparked several tweets, but this one sums it up nicely.
9. The 'audience rules' were leaked to the Twitterverse. Hilarious, but true in a scary way.
11. Liberal media bias, please. Do they not know the financial strain we journalists face?!?!
12. And so the Hunger Games...I mean, second Presidential debates begins at 9PM!
23. And then, what many will say was the turning point.
27. Poignant moment when Obama turned around to face Romney and basically said: That the Secretary of State, the UN Ambassador, anyone on my team would not care about the death of our diplomats...that's not what my team does and that's an insult for you to say that. That's not what I do as President, that's not what I do as Commander in Chief. I've never actually seen Obama look that stern.
30. This site popped up and several tweeps shared the meme via Twitter. I love the internet. Binders full of women everywhere, UNITE.
34. Here were the numbers!
35. Some were disappointed. How do you have an entire conversation about energy and clean energy jobs without saying the words, climate change?
39. Fairly universal praise for the moderator once again. And once again, the case for strong, smart, female journalists as moderators is made, and made in wonderful form.
40. Snap poll results!
41. Immediate reactions.
Dessert: And then there's this thought because we are all very tired.