Al Smith Dinner: The Top 10 Best One Liners in This Comedic Obama vs Romney Debate
Mitt Romney is not a presidential candidate typically known for his zingers.
But on Thursday night, Mitt Romney delivered a speech filled with jokes and one-liners at the 67th Annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner in New York.
And he killed it.
Here are the top 10 lines from the night, accompanied by GIFs, video, and political cartoons.
1) “Joe Biden will laugh at anything.”
2) “There’s only a few months left in the president’s term. So little time, so much to redistribute.”
3) “If you got a church, you didn’t build that!”
4) “In the spirit of Sesame Street tonight, the president’s remarks are brought to you by the letter O and the number 16 trillion.”
5) “It always helps to have someone in our corner, someone to lean on. I have my beautiful wife Ann, he has Bill Clinton.”
6) “I just heard from the federal election commission that every time Biden appears on TV there has to be a recording of me saying, ‘I’m Mitt Romney and I approve this message.’”
7) “The press has a job to do and I have a job to do. My job is to lay out a positive vision for the country, and their job is to make sure no one finds out about it.”
8) “When I took a lead in the polls, they said Obama was leading from behind.”
9) “Headlines from tonight’s dinner: ‘Obama Embraced By Catholics,’ ‘Romney Dines With Rich People!’"
10) “When the president pulled Pope Benedict aside to give him some advice on how to deal with his critics, he said, ‘Look Holy Father, whatever the problem is, just blame it on Pope John Paul II.’”