Why Should I Vote for Obama: 5 Facts About the Candidates to Help Undecided Voters Decide
Chances are if it is Monday, November 5, and you are undecided, you have some serious political involvement issues. Here are 5 quick facts about three major presidential candidate to help you make up your mind. .
Just want to double-check here. This is Barack Obama, he is the current President of the United States. Contrary to what you may have heard, he is not a foreign national or a socialist. Furthermore, if you believe it is possible for him to be a "communist, fascist" then I respectfully ask you to remove yourself from voter registration rolls. Here's the low-down on Obama's first term and vision for the future. Facts one through three were taken verbatim from whatthef***hasobamadonesofar.com. That site has many more wonderful reasons to vote for Obama. Check them out.
1. "Health Care Reform Bill, preventing insurance companies from denying insurance because of a pre-existing condition"
2. "Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers."
3. "Created more private sector jobs in 2010 than during [the] entire Bush years."
4. Repealed "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," allowing gay and lesbian servicemen and women to openly defend our nation.
5. Ended the War in Iraq and set us on the path towards withdrawing from Afghanistan, with the endorsement of one of our most talented (Republican) Secretaries of State, General Colin Powell.
Willard "Mitt" Romney was the 70th Governor of Massachusetts from 2003 - 2007. Since his tax plan is a bit hard-to-read, here are five simple facts about the man, the myth, the mogul.
1. While he is running as a "jobs man," Massachusetts ranked 47th in the nation in job creation during his tenure.
2. His plan for dealing with Iran includes a "credible military option," or the threat of yet another Middle East war in order to prevent Iran form weaponizing uranium.
3. Illegal immigration: "The answer is self-deportation."
4. He is a gifted debater:
Chances are, if you don't know enough about Obama or Romney to decide, you might be a bit more informed with regard to what the Peace and Freedom Party has to offer.
1. Her eponymous sitcom, Roseanne, was number one from 1989 - 1992, ran through 1998, and tackled such difficult issues as homosexuality, abortion, and domestic violence years before others.
2. She is noted for bursting out into singing our National Anthem.
3. She is the only candidate to endorse marijuana legalization.
4. She really likes weed.
5. A lot.
So there you have it, the choice is clear: A man committed to equality and prosperity, a man committed to the old guard, and pot. Anyway you fall, make sure to vote!