McKayla Maroney and Obama Are Not Impressed: 11 Reasons Why
McKayla Maroney, the Olympic artistic gymnast who was a member of the gold medal-winning U.S. Women's Gymnastics team at the 2012 Summer Olympics, visited the White House and posed with President Obama in a now widely circulated photo.
Maroney became famous after failing to conquer the individual gold medal in the London 2012 vault competition, for which she was broadly favored. A picture of her during the medal ceremony, in which she looks less than impressed with the silver, went viral and cast her as a kind of a sore loser in the aftermath of the Olympic games.
However, when the picture became the "not impressed" meme, Maroney went from mean girl to good sport by embracing not only her second place but also the famous meme that made her famous and brought her to television shows and now even to the White House to meet the recently reelected president. And here are 11 reasons why Maroney (and Obama) are still not impressed:
1. A divided government that still has to come up with a deal to avoid the fiscal cliff:
2. Mitt Romney's sore loser comments that Obama won because he offered gifts to women, blacks and Hispanics:
3. A Petraeus/Broadwell/Benghazi scandal that keeps getting more complicated by the day:
4. Republican senators blasting U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice for Benghazi:
5. Democratic congresswomen playing the gender card on Republican opposition of Rice:
6. The fact that some victims of Hurricane Sandy still have no power:
7. People talking about 2016 presidential candidates when it's to soon to do so:
8. States that want to secede from the Union:
9. The end of Twinkies:
10. Kim Kardashian's Israel tweet:
11. Rihanna and Chris Brown back together: