Taryvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Releases New Bloody Photo
George Zimmerman, the man accused of killing unarmed Florida teenager Trayvon Martin on February 26, posted a new photo of himself from the night of the tragedy showing a bloody and swollen nose — reported Yahoo News.
However, the picture — released by Zimmerman's defense team — is unlikely to affect the outcome of the second-degree murder case. "It's not a game changer," Zimmerman lawyer Mark O'Mara told Reuters. But he said the photo was significant in that "it shows vividly the injuries Zimmerman incurred" during his alleged confrontation with Martin.
Zimmerman's murder trial is set for June 2013, and he claims he shot Martin in "self-defense" while struggling with him at a condominium complex near in the central Florida town of Sanford. And, according to his legal team, the photo could be used during the trial "to show what happened that night to George."
But the Martin family's attorney, Ben Crump, claims the photo "adds nothing new to the case" as previously released evidence has indicated Zimmerman was hit in the nose during the alleged fight with Martin. "Trayvon Martin was defending himself. He had every right to stand his ground to defend himself," Crump said.