Where to Watch Oscars 2013 (Live Stream and TV)
Oscars reminder. What Channel Are the Oscars On? (From PolicyMic's Culture Team) – The Oscars 2013 will be on ABC and start at 7 p.m. EST Sunday, February 24. Expect some red carpet coverage. Feel free to tune it right at seven on the dot, but as a PolicyMic associate culture editor, I feel compelled to tell you that you probably don't need to rush to your TV. The good stuff, like the Best Picture award delivery, won't come until much later in the evening.
Looking for a way to watch the Oscars online? Beginning Sunday night (Feb. 24) at 5:30 p.m. EST we will be live streaming all of the red carpet arrivals.
Top News On PolicyMic Today:
1. If Religion is the Opiate of the Masses, I Just Got High (Mike Cooper) – We live in an increasingly secular world, but God and prayer remain important in the lives of everyday people. (32 Mics, 59 Comments, 17 Shares)
2. Open Letter to MIT Professor Christopher Knittel: 5 Ways You Don't Get It On Gun Control (Matt MacBradaigh, follow @atomiktiger) – MIT professor Christopher Knittel recently penned an opinion piece in 'The Huffington Post' titled "Time for Real Gun Control, Not Just Window Dressing." Here are five things he got wrong. (22 Mics, 46 Comments, 96 Shares)
3. How Many Lives Would An Assault Weapons Ban Have Saved in 2012? (Jack Lee, follow @_jack_lee) – Sen. Dianne Feinstein's proposed assault weapons ban and magazine restrictions would likely have no impact on mass shootings or gun crime: here's why. (20 Mics, 19 Comments, 1 Shares)
4. Why the NRA is Winning the Gun Control Debate (Sylvia Camaj) – The NRA is winning the national gun control debate because they're using the right tactics, while those favoring gun restrictions fail to see the real issues surrounding violent crime. (15 Mics, 15 Comments, 154 Shares)
5. Why Don't Action Movies Win Oscars? (Zak Cheney-Rice) – The Academy Awards consistently fail to recognize cinema's most kick-ass, popular, and lucrative genre. So what should be done about it? (11 Mics, 12 Comments, 24 Shares)
Get a daily summary of news millennials need to read