Red Equal Sign, Edited in 7 Absurd Ways
You've seen it everywhere:
No, the Earth hasn't been taken over by sum (get it?) mathematical villain.
Actually, it has been taken over by love. Tuesday marked the constitutional hearing in Washington on DOMA and Proposition 8, dealing with the issue of marriage equality. Of course, the internet was active on this issue. Social media sites are covered in a sea of red equal signs to show support for marriage equality. But it wouldn't be the internet if something wasn't edited over, and over and over again. The red equal sign from the Human Rights Campaign was not an exception.
1) First, the internet took it slow with some normal edits.
2) Then, things got grumpy...
3) And even grumpier...
4) The internet also did what it always does, relate things to food.
5) For vampires, blood = food. And all blood is equally delicious.
6) For zombies, people = food. So that one couldn't go undone.
7) Paula Deen got in on the fun too.
The internet is a powerful place. It's also a funny place. And this week, we have put those two things together to move towards something positive in our history: equality. Yay, Internet!