5 Reasons Jon Hamm is More Awesome Than Jon Hamm's Crotch
Jon Hamm's crotch is in the news again after he sat down with Rolling Stone to express his desperation at the sight of all the attention his bulge is getting these days. We've decided to give his crotch a break and offer PolicyMic readers a fresh feminist perspective on this very newsworthy issue.
Instead of further objectifying Jon Hamm, let's explore all of the reasons that Jon Hamm is awesome that exclude his peepee/diddle/rooster/baby-maker/ding dong/disco stick/love rod.
1. Before becoming an actor, Jon Hamm worked as a high school teacher and in a daycare center, so he says he's "always felt very connected to children."
2. Jon Hamm has spoken out about the lack of positive male role models for young boys.
He has said: "Having gone through what I had gone through as a child ... there were no real male role models in any of these places. There were never any dudes. It was a bummer as a young man to, not only not have a father figure in my life, but no real male figures as teachers or as educators or as afterschool program leaders or anything."
3. While most celebrities brunch at the Plaza and speak about how many instragram followers they have, Jon Hamm brunches at the Rape Treatment Center in LA. and talks about the "lasting impact of rape."
Source: C Magazine Spring 2012
At the brunch benefit last year, he said: "It is an important thing to instill in a younger generation about the impact of rape, the lasting impact of rape [...] Children from grade school to high school to college are incredibly susceptible and incredibly malleable, as we all know. To get them early, to teach them about the facts and figures and other realities of rape is key."
4. He gives stellar dating advice.
In his clip for Rookie Magazine, he answered teenager girls' questions about dating and told Brittany: "If the guy doesn't want to get with you, you know, don't sweat it. There's a lot of guys out there. And don't define yourself by who wants to get with you." He also said that it's totally cool for girls to fart: "Farting is farting. Everybody farts"
5. He doesn't believe rape is a female issue; he thinks it's a collective one.
Source: Jon Hamm's Wang Tumblr
The star of Mad Men has said: "[Rape prevention] is an important issue to me as not only a man, but as an educator, as a human being and as a person on this planet."
Long story short: Jon Hamm is more amazing than Jon Hamm's ding-dong. Internet, take note!