For over a week, Turkish protesters have responded to every instance of police violence with acts of kindness and community. Here are a few examples.
1. Many hotels, mosques, and businesses opened their doors to provide shelter and medical treatment to protesters.
2. Protesters organized open yoga sessions in Gezi Park...
3. ...and a free library too.
4. People have been collecting and distributing free food to protesters.
5. Protesters have been cleaning every day.
6. Communities organized lists of doctors, lawyers, and businesses volunteering to help protesters in need.
The list also includes WiFi passwords for protesters to use, places to get gas masks, and more.