Live Stream Obama Press Conference
Live Stream of Obama's Press Conference (now concluded, video to be posted shortly)
President Obama held his first news conference in more than three months today, in an electoral move to draw attention away from the GOP Super Tuesday race. Obama's last solo news conference was in November from Hawaii (where he was hosting the APEC conference). Last week, when Republicans voted in Michigan and Arizona, Obama made trips to Nevada and Florida. He also held a video town hall with Iowa Democrats on the night of the state's caucuses.
Obama has answered questions about Libya, Rush Limbaugh, and the women's vote in 2012.
- On Iran, "My policy is to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon."
- On Syria, ""What's happening in Syria is heartbreaking and outrageous... On the other hand, for us to take military action, unilaterally, as some have suggested, or to think that somehow there's some simple solution, I think is a mistake."
- On Rush Limbaugh, "Democrats have a better story to tell to women about how we're going to solidify this economy... I'm not someone who believes women are single issue voters."
- On civility, "I'll lead by example... It's your job to comment on what's said by politicans and pundits."
- On immigration, "I give credit to my predecessor to George Bush" for attempting to tackle immigration.
- On Super Tuesday, "[to Romney] Good luck tonight!"
Weigh in: What did you think of Obama's Press conference?