Cory Monteith Autospy Results: Heroin, Alcohol Found in Actor's System
Details about the death of 31-year old Canadian actor Cory Monteith are still being revealed. On Tuesday, the BC Coroners Service announced that the young actor, most famous for his role as Finn Hudson on Fox's Glee, "died due to mixed drug toxicity involving heroin and alcohol," reported The Wrap.
On Saturday July 13, Monteith was found dead in his hotel room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver after he missed his checkout. The police reported "no obvious cause of death," according to Fox News, and Sgt. Randy Fincham said "there's nothing to indicate Monteith's death was due to illicit drug use."
Monteith had openly struggled with substance abuse for years, and in the spring, he checked himself into rehab, reported People.
The Coroners Service performed an autopsy and toxicology test on Monday, according to The Wrap, although they have yet to reveal further details.
The service issues a statement in which they declared that "there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident."
As America mourns the tragic death of the young actor, we can expect more details to be released within the next few days.