The 9 Most Hilarious Moments Of the Bush Presidency As Told By Jay Leno
In honor of former President George W. Bush's return to The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Tuesday, let's take a look at some of Leno's best zingers from Bush's reign.
1. That time Bush went fishing.
"President Bush said catching a 7.5 pound fish was his best moment since becoming president. You know the sad thing, a lot of historians would agree with that."
2. That time Bush dodged a shoe.
"You see what he did to keep from being hit? Something he's never done before — lean to the left."
3. That time Bush celebrated Presidents' Day.
"Did you all have a nice Presidents' Day yesterday? President Bush marked the occasion in his usual way — by ignoring the other two branches of government."
4. That time the U.S. wrote Iraq's constitution.
"The United States is putting together a constitution now for Iraq. You know, why don't we just give them ours? I mean, think about it, it served us well for over 200 years and we don’t appear to be using it anymore, so what the hell?"
5. That time Bush ran for re-election.
"President Bush has unveiled his first campaign commercial, highlighting all of his accomplishments in office. That's why it's a 60-second spot."
6. That time George W. Bush impersonator Steve Bridges appeared on Leno.
7. That time everybody skipped the president's speech to watch 'American Idol'.
"How many watched the President's speech last night?"
[half-hearted audience applause]
"How many watched American Idol?"
"Okay, there you go! You get the government you deserve."
8. That time President Bush talked about education.
"Rarely is the question asked, 'is our children learning?'"
9. The first time Bush went on Leno after leaving office.
"Thank you for all the material."