Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney's VP pick, Paul Ryan, has become a household name almost overnight.
With his traditional conservatives values and sky-blue eyes, Ryan is getting more love than Romney. Within a week of being named as the GOP presumptive vice presidential nominee, the Wisconsin congressman has already made a significant impact on the campaign, getting a lot of attention for his plans for the budget.
However, one of the most popular American ladies this summer, Olympic gymnast McKayla Maroney, who became an internet sensation herself when her "not impressed" photo while receiving the silver medal during the London 2012 Olympics became an internet meme, may not be as impressed with the GOP's newly minted and handsome VP.
Ryan has been lauded for his middle-of-the-road approach and unlike the current VP Joe Biden; all of Ryan's comments have reflected his straight-laced persona. However, one can only imagine what he really wants to say about his lack of body fat and plans for the economy, but has the smarts not to. Here's a list of the nine best Ryan quotes, translated in order to see what he really means.
1. "The reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand."
Translation: I am smarter than you, hahaha.
2. “I’m as pro-life as a person gets. You’re not going to have a truce.”
Translation: Bye-bye Roe V. Wade and no more grandchildren for you, Romney.
3."My mother is a Medicare senior in Florida"
Translation: When I cut Medicare costs with my awesome budget plans, I'll still be able to support my mother, but other seniors will be on their own.
4. “They had an ad of me pushing some older woman off a cliff or something like that.”CNN: “It doesn’t bother you?” Ryan: “No, not really."
Translation: The add didn't bother me because, well, I would do something like that in real life.
5. "What matters to me is that I do what I think is right ... I'm in a position where I can actually advance ideas to prevent [the debt tsunami] from happening. That's exactly what I should be doing."
Translation: I'm pretty much gonna run the world and be president, Romney's just there for kicks.
6. I "Like" Rage Against the Machine
Translation: Because I am the machine
7. "I don’t believe the preferential option for the poor means a preferential option for big government."
Translation: As long as I get preferential treatment, I don't really care what happens to others.
8. “I lead [P90X] every morning ... There are about a dozen of us who do it.”
Translation: But I'm way better at it than everyone else, hence my 6% of body-fat.
9. "I fought for budget-process reforms and was thwarted by leaders in my own party"
Translation: Because I actually rep the Tea Party, but going Republican gets me into office.
Although most conservatives are very enthused with Ryan and have high hopes for the Romney/Ryan presidential ticket, clearly not everyone is impressed.