Welcome to Grammy time! I will be live blogging here on Policymic this Sunday, to talk about all the crazy outfits and all the drunk celebrities. Will Kanye get up on stage again? Do we care?
Here is a list of the nominees in some of the favorite categories: Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Best New Artist, and Best Pop Solo Performance.
Despite the theatrics, there really were so many worthy songs last year, and some amazing new artists. Who knew Goyte would stick in your head like watermelon bubble gum? Who could conceive that Katy Perry would last this long?
Take a quick peek and start thinking about who YOU will be rooting for this year, and if you haven’t checked out some of these albums, maybe give them a chance! You are guaranteed to not be disappointed.
RECORD OF THE YEAR
1. LONELY BOY
2. STRONGER (WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU)
3. WE ARE YOUNG
4. SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW
5. THINKIN ABOUT YOU
6. WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER
ALBUM OF THE YEAR
1. El Camino; The Black Keys
2. Some Nights; Fun.
3. BABEL; Mumford & Sons
4. Channel Orange; Frank Ocean
5. Blunderbuss; Jack White
SONG OF THE YEAR
1. "The A Team"
3. "Call Me Maybe"
4. "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)"
5. "We Are Young"
BEST NEW ARTIST
1. Alabama Shakes
3. Hunter Hayes
4. The Lumineers
5. Frank Ocean
BEST POP SOLO PERFORMANCE
1. "Set Fire to the Rain (Live)"; Adele
2. "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You"; Kelly Clarkson
3. "Call Me Maybe"; Carly Rae Jepsen
4. "Wide Awake"; Katy Perry
5. "Where Have You Been"; Rihanna